I am a strong supporter of the application of science and technology on the creation of wealth. Since 1999, I have delivered consultancy services (training, business development, and follow-up) to companies and governments in Mexico, UK, USA, Peru, and Colombia on the following subjects:
- Information technologies for business and government.
- Industry-academia liaisons.
- Technology transfer.
- Intellectual Property.
- Scientific and technical assessment of technology projects.
This is a selection of consultancy projects and deliverables I have worked on:
- Designing and running ICT projects focused on the development and deployment of algorithms and computational tools in the fields of transportation of goods.
- Selection of mathematical software for modelling oil reservoirs.
- Briefing C-level executives on computing emergent technologies (e.g., quantum computing and bioinformatics).
- Writing and submitting grant proposals for ICT projects.
- Founding and running a Tech Transfer Office.
– Private Sector
I designed and run (2022-Present) the first Academia-Industry knowledge transfer program on quantum computing in Latin America. This project has been developed for AstraZeneca in my capacity as research professor at Tecnológico de Monterrey.
The goal of this program is to train a generation of scientists and engineers with the goal of designing new molecules and medications using quantum algorithms. Please find more information about this project in this link.
– Public Sector
As an example of my services to the public sector, I was a member of the 2015 and 2017 PREP Technical Advisory Committees of the State of Mexico Electoral College (IEEM). PREP stands for «Programa de Resultados Electorales Preliminares» and it is the preliminary voting results methodology and computerized system developed by IEEM. PREP should not be confused with exit polls as PREP presents full election results within the span of a few hours immediately after voting places close. I took responsibility for the following duties:
- Design, analysis, and deployment of the PREP information technology strategy, according to the State of Mexico Electoral law.
- Design, analysis, and deployment of the PREP computerized system, according to the State of Mexico Electoral law.
- Providing technical counselling to IEEM’s Information and Communication Technology Department.
I would be delighted to collaborate with your organization as a consultant. For availability and rates, please send me an email to contact at venegas-andraca.org